Thursday, October 30, 2014

Multi-Media Penny Black Holiday Bird

I have a few pictures for this project, but the real magic will be in the video, which I will post on Face book tomorrow when I get back to the store.  This first picture shows the finished card.  The bird looks popped out a little, doesn't it?
In this second photo, I am showing the materials I used. The cling stamp is called "cling cardinal elements" from Penny Black, stamped in Ranger Archival Black ink, onto white Bazzill 110 lb. cardstcock.

Before I just randomly pick markers, I am pulling out the color wheel and making sure that I am not all over the place...reds and greens are complementary already (for Christmas) and the yellow will go with either...

I  am going to use the gesso to paint the background with a whitewash, to make the music recede a little. After initially coloring the bird, I will then cover the whole thing with the Matte Medium. That is the secret weapon that makes the additional coloring in the video actually work. So, the next step after the gesso is the initial coloring, and the video will be on Facebook tomorrow for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment