Monday, December 14, 2009

This week, we are giving away some Prima embellishments just in time for the holidays. Send in a comment in response to this blog entry, and we will do a random drawing to see who gets the prize.
The newsletter has an update on the BeadforLife trunk show we are doing, and it starts now. The store will open at 10 am, and the beads will be ready to view. Thank you all so much, ahead of time, for considering this very worthy cause. We all have so much and at this time of year our hearts want to open to those who have less. We will continue to support the BeadsforLife program with future trunk shows. We are happy to do mail order...just give us a call. 978-8887-6397.
Here is this week's question. What are some of the elements you would put on a wreath to decorate it for your front door? My answer?...this year I would wire on all sorts of art objects..embossing powder jars, pens, stamps, ink pads, etc...just to give me a smile every time I walk into the house. One year, I added GI Joe guys, lego pieces, and assorted other toys...to reflect where our family happened to "be" at the time. I really like to see "theme" wreaths..so, got any ideas??
I just returned from a trip to AZ where I got to make some cool items...check them out in the newsletter. Also, because this is when we can get together, my family is celebrating Christmas on Friday evening, and Saturday, December 18 & 19. So, by this time next week, I will be done!!! Call me if you need me to wrap presents or bake a pie for you.

15 comments:

  1. My parents just sent me a gorgeous wreath that has sandollars and starfish all over it, and real greenery. It's quite a conundrum...smelling of Christmas yet a visual reminder of summer....I love it! Some other wreaths I would like to make: one with real feather birds or butterflies. A Classic: brown grapevine wreath with orange & yellow bittersweet berries. My mom made these when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to do a wreath with fresh pomegranates, nuts, and other natural items. It would have to be placed outside - There probably wouldn't be enough space between the 2 doors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd put lots of berries, holly, pine cones and other leafy elements! Call me a natural girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wreath is a gratitude wreath, a plain green wreath with small manila tags tied all over it that detail in words and stamped images the things in my life for which I am most grateful. I used Versafine Sepia ink and a brown LePen on the tags and tied up the wreath with a big rusty brown bow. Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made more wreaths than I have space to hang. Still I was inspired to make another wreath with greens from the woods in the backyard. My wonderful husband and son tramped outside (in the rain) and returned with multiple types of evergreens, mini pinecones and some holly and berries from the front yard. Now I really have to make this wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last year, I made a wreath with Tim's 12 tags. It was a big hit with everyone! Also, we do a Texas wreath every year to honor our time we lived in Texas. Cowboy boots, barbed wire, longhorns, etc. In the Southwest, the wreaths are often made completely of red chili peppers, no greens! The first year back in MA from Texas, I took a balsam wreath and tied chili peppers to it and hung it on the front door. The next morning I opened the door and their were dead birds everywhere! I was terrified! Turns out they were all fake! My neighbor had said I would kill the birds with that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robots! I kow that sounds stange--but my husband collects robots and ray guns! As a matter of fact-- half the ornaments on my tree are sci-fi related!!! happy holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like a very classic look. Of course, last year I found out the hard way that I need only items that can stand up under rain/snow/ice. I purchased a wreath with gorgeous little red berries on it, only to find out that when they get wet, they swell to about 4 times their original size and turned HOT PINK! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to do a pug and dachshund wreath, with ornaments, and possibly their pics in the ornaments...and i would hot glue milk bone dog biscuits on it...and i would use some paw print ribbon. I think our Phoenix the Pug and Lola the Dachshund would be proud :) Kate, think you should consider a wreath with cactus to remind you of AZ! :)
    hugs, teri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well since we have moved to Florida I'd do a tropical theme with a Flamingo Palm Tree Sun and Disney and SeaWorld Characters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorte was one we made years ago with small kitchen gadgets or the one we did with wine and champagne corks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, it's December 18th Kate, so Merry Christmas!

    To answer your wreath question, I've always wanted to add those spindly sea stars to the wreaths that I put on all my windows. Some year, I'm going to do it. I think since I live in Maine, it's very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, my wreath this year is plastic! Pretty bad for a horticulture major, huh. When I was in school I made a wreath of boxwood in the shape of the peace sign. It was decorated with doves. It was stolen before I could take it home. I'd like cardinals on a wreath with glittery snow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, since last year I had a bird build a nest in mine on the front door and I could not take it down until the eggs hatched, I would guess birds would be a good theme...just b/c my family would always remember the year we had a bird living in the wreath...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a grapevine wreath on a interior door in my hall that I change for every season and holiday. Right now it has red berry garland and a red cardinal bird on it. In the center is a quilted "welcome" sign...

    ReplyDelete